Sunday, September 25, 2011

Strike a pose


















[September 17, 2011] This day was awesome!



Let me state to you a few reasons why I should consider it as astonishing. For one, my best friends and I had some time  to spend together; two, we were at the Smart Araneta Coliseum watching the UAAP Cheerdance Competition; three, my home university’s cheering  team has triumphed and was able to keep the crown; lastly, my brother took amazing photos of Denise and I at the ‘garden’ of gateway.

I am very proud to be a student of UP. Not only do we have the most brilliant minds of the youth but also the finest athletes of our generation. I am incredibly glad to know that the exceptional Madonna-themed routine of the UP Pep Squad kept us as the defending champion.

As the moment we all have been waiting for arrived, Boom Gonzales started to quiet us down. Every person was caught at par with equal chances of winning, hoping to hear the name of their school. Just moments after the thrilling silence, FEU Cheering Squad came out of the dome’s sound system. The tamaraws placed third; what is interesting about this is that they were quite disappointed with their rank, shouting “NU, NU, NU” for the first runner-up award. Out of the blue, DLSU Animo Squad has gotten back on track! They won the second place in the competition. The announcement animated the audience and had us all chant the la salle cheers. Then all of a sudden, the whole twenty one thousand of us shouted “UP, UP, UP” and when Boom said the word: still...

Everybody knew...
It feels good to be part of something legendary.

Cheerah!



No comments:

Post a Comment