Thursday, November 10, 2011

Second First Day

November 8

9:00am - Tuition fee payment at Landbank

10:00am - SM Hypermarket + Tiendesitas with Grace
Was able to buy 2 tops for P200.

*have not had breakfast nor lunch yet

2:00pm - Transferred all my files from my old laptop


to my new one

Yes, I know, downgrade to the highest level. Even so, I am thankful for my new laptop; now I do not need to suffer from screen problems.

4:30pm - Pinoy Big Brother Unliday time! Also, late brunch.

6:00pm - Mom called, saying I should get my things ready right away because she needs to bring me to my dorm again and proceed to tita Dang, who is in a very bad condition.

7:00pm - Mom, Tita Bol, Grace and I rushed to tita Dang's house only to find out that she can no longer respond. She also has been hallucinating already and losing all of her senses one at a time. These are believed to be signs that a person is dying. 

11:00pm - I am back in my dorm, with swollen eyes and runny nose.

November 9

12:00am - Happy birthday to my beloved brother!! He can never be forever 21.

4:00am - Tita Dang passed away. :'(

------------------------------------------------------------

Excited, frightened, horrified...
These emotions are what I usually feel during the first days of classes. Every class provides a different mood and setting, but there will always be that one feeling which is similar to all of them, the feeling of being nervous. I have always had stage fright, even until now. Even though I was part of the high school choir, even though we have had several public speaking activities already, even though I am confident enough to speak to anyone, I still cannot control my fear of being put under the spotlight alone.

Yes, I was excited to be going back to school once again, to meet my friends, and to learn new concepts that would probably just be forgotten after a few months. So I went to school wearing my P100 worth t-shirt which has tiny black stars on the cream colored cloth and topped it over my 'supermarket' distressed grey jeans. Protecting my feet are my leopard print flats and to be able to bring everything I need for school, and for keeping myself groomed, I have my white leather backpack.

First class of the day was my PE, floorball or indoor hockey. When our coach started orienting us about the different house rules to follow, I suddenly remembered my previous PE instructor, coach Anto. I suddenly missed my futsal classmates, I missed our closeness, I missed our loud shrieking noises and of course, I definitely missed Andres Crisanto Gonzales. So not to be sad or give out a gloomy aura, I just looked at it as an inspiration to make this new PE class as much memorable as the first one I had.

Next up at ten in the morning was Communications 3 at the 5th floor of the CAL (College of Arts and Letters) building. Climbing up the stairs was already painful but the intimidating tone of my instructor was worse. Just seeing his lips move sets my teeth on edge. One thing I hate about the first day of classes is the Introduce Yourself portion. At the moment my teacher says "what are your expectations" or "what is the reason you enlisted this class" or "say something interesting about yourself" and the like, my throat dries up and my heart begins to beat faster. Fortunate enough, I was able to surpass this challenge and start to get the hang of it. I was able to recite a couple of times and by the end of the class, I realized I am already having fun.

Moving on, after having a one-and-a-half-hour break, my two consecutive mathematics classes await. My practical math (Math 2) goes first then with a thirty minute interval, calculus (Math 100) is up. Typical. Mathematics classes are not-so-boring classes but at the same time are not-so-interesting classes. Well, what else can I do? I require myself to take up these classes or else, I would not be able to shift to Business Administration (BS BA).

------------------------------------------------------------

I find the colors very pretty and chic.

I find it funny how I usually get excited every first day of classes. Back in high school, we had four first days and four year enders. Now, it is sad to know but let us face it, we now get to have more first days which means, more excitement but also, every time the semester is near its end, sadness greets students eagerly in every classroom. Although we get to have more acquaintances, we get less time to spend with our new friends because most of the time, we are  figuring out who to befriend and this leaves us even less time to hang around and have fun conversations with them. 


Just being silly in front of the camera.

The first day of the second semester of my first year in the university has finally gone to the past. This day shall forever be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment